Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the vintage tea party price include china and service?
Yes, the tea party price as well as food, tea and coffee, includes china, cutlery, setting the tables with the china, pretty tablecloths (if required) and waiting on for the duration of the tea party.
2. Are pretty vintage tablecloths included in the price?
Yes, they are usually placed onto the banquet style tablecloths, however for a wedding they will have to be removed after the tea party prior to the evening celebration (to prevent excessive staining).
3. Are banquet style tablecloths included in the price?
No, there will be a charge of £3.50 per tablecloth, at our discretion they will be provided free at smaller parties
4. Do you provide tablecloths and chairs?
No, we would usually expect yourselves or the venue to have set up the tables and chairs prior to our arrival so we can commence setting the tables.
5. Can you provide a tea party in a marquee?
Yes, we can provide tea parties in many different locations, we do however require a covered kitchen area with tables, 240V 3 pin electric supply for water boilers and preferably a water supply.
6. Do we need to meet at the venue prior to the date of the event?
Almost certainly to discuss arrangements for the day, look at the facilities and of course meet you. (Not required for smaller events such as hen parties in houses).
7. Can you provide for special dietary requirements?
Yes, we can provide for special dietary requirements, eg vegetarian, gluten free, but you need to tell us where they will be sitting. You also need to tell us if any of your guests have any specific food allergies. We will need this information no later than 14 days prior to the event to ensure we cater accordingly.
8. Can you supply alcoholic drinks?
No, but we can supply bubbly/sherry glasses for any alcohol drinks that you may wish to supply.
9. Can you supply Canapes or Savoury options?
Yes, we can at an extra cost, please enquire.
10. Do you cater for funerals?
Yes, we can cater at your home or venue, for all different types of events, weddings, christenings, hen parties, birthdays, etc. even at short notice, please enquire? For your reassurance staff are DBS (previously CRB) checked.
Enquiry, Deposit and Payment
1. How do I make an Enquiry?
Through the website "contacts" page or by phone, we initially just need some basic infomation, date, location, estimated numbers. We can then confirm our availability for your date. We will still need an EMail address from you to send a quotation for your consideration.
2. I have not yet found a venue can I still book a tea party?
Yes, provided you have a date and estimated numbers we can provide a quotation, which will be valid for venues in Staffordshire, Cheshire & Shropshire, if further afield, dependent upon location there may be a surcharge.
3. How do I confirm the booking?
By paying a £100 deposit via paypal on website "contacts" page or bank transfer. On receipt of the deposit we will provide you with written confirmation of the booking. Please note the booking is not confirmed until we have received a deposit.
4. I am not sure of my final numbers yet can the quotation be adjusted?
Yes, but we will need final numbers for catering purposes no later than 28 days prior to your celebration.
5. When do I pay the outstanding balance?
This must be paid no later than 28 days prior to your celebration by bank transfer. For last minute bookings (less than 28 days), this must be paid as soon as confirmed and no later than 7 days prior to the party. Failure to pay within the specified times may affect our ability to provide the party.
6. I have a problem and need to change the venue or date, will I lose my deposit?
Not necessarily, if we have availability the quotation will still be valid, however if the venue is outside Cheshire, Staffordshire or Shropshire there may be a surcharge.
7. Will you cater for tea parties outside the specified areas on your website?
Possibly, dependent upon guests numbers and location, this may incur reasonable extra costs but please enquire.
1. I want to provide my own food, can I just hire the china?
Yes, this can be delivered to your home or venue at an agreed date and time.
2. I have specific requirements to what I need, is that possible?
Yes, of course, we are happy to supply china to your specific requirements and will tailor the quotation accordingly.
3. Can I pick up the china from your home/business address?
No, we need to ensure we know where our china is going and so will always drop it off.
4. Why do I need to pay a breakage/loss deposit?
We cannot insure the china away from our business address and therefore need to reduce any risk of loss to ourselves. The breakage/loss deposit is required with final payment no later then 28 days prior to the event.
5. Am I responsible for the china even though it may be kept overnight at the venue?
Yes, it is up to you to ensure that it is kept safe and secure during the period of hire. You will be responsible for any losses/breakages.
6. Do I need to wash the china?
No, but please ensure excess food is scraped off , tea pots emptied and china carefully placed in the containers provided ready for pick up.
If you have any other questions not covered above or wish to make an enquiry please contact me via the "Contact" page.